How to link PAN with aadhaar: By visiting the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department, you can find out whether your PAN card is linked with Aadhaar or not. Its process is quite easy. The last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is March 31.
As soon as the deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar (Pan Aadhaar Link Deadline) approaches, people are increasingly busy in linking it. But how to know whether your PAN is already linked with your Aadhaar or not? There is a process for this too. With this you can check the status of your PAN-Aadhaar link (Pan Aadhaar Link Status). In this article, we will tell you this complete process. The last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31 March 2023. If your PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar by this date, it will become useless. You will have to pay penalty for using invalid PAN card. Also, you will not be able to do many important things.
How to check PAN-Aadhaar link status?
How to link PAN with aadhaar?
- First of all, you have to go to the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department. Its link is as follows- https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- After this you have to click on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ given at the top.
- Now a page will open in front of you. In that you have to enter your PAN number and Aadhaar card number.
- Now you have to click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ given at the bottom right side.
- If your PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar, then you will see the message “PAN not linked with Aadhaar. Please click the “Link Aadhaar”. with PAN” message will appear.
What if PAN-Aadhaar link is not done by March 31?
If your PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar even by March 31, it will become useless. Under the Income Tax Act, 1961, it will be equally liable for not providing PAN. You will not be able to do all the financial work for which PAN card is required. You will not be able to do things like opening mutual funds, stocks and bank accounts from next month. Under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act, you may have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 for using an invalid PAN.
Online: Visit the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website and follow the instructions to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
SMS: Send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><SPACE><10 digit PAN>.
Offline: Submit a duly filled and signed Form to the nearest PAN service center or NSDL e-Gov TIN-Facilitation Center along with a copy of your Aadhaar card.
Current deadline is 31th March 2023.
If you fail to link your PAN with Aadhaar before the deadline, your PAN may become invalid, and you may face penalties for non-compliance.
- einvoice login: e – Invoice System Registration – einvoice1.gst.gov.in
- sparsh login – Armed Forces Digital Pension Disbursement
- esanjeevani.in login – OPD National Telemedicine Service
- GEM Login – Government e Marketplace GEM Portal, Registration
- Online Pf Withdraw Using Umang App – web.umang.gov.in